Dear Parents and Guardians,
Yesterday afternoon Governor Newsom made the recommendation to close schools for the remainder of the year. After consultation with the Kern County Department of Health, the County Superintendent of Schools, and the other 46 school districts in Kern County, Buttonwillow School District will be providing distance learning for the remainder of the year.
What this means:
- Food service will continue with the same distribution schedule that we have been following.
- Teaching through distance learning will continue. As of April 14th, all work will be completed online.
- Chromebooks for all TK – 8th grade students and household Hot Spots (if no internet access) can be checked out from the school office, Monday-Friday 8:00 – 1:00
- Preschool families will be in contact with their teachers. Packets and supplies will be provided. Details will follow from your teacher.
- Beginning April 14th, attendance will be monitored through students participation in assigned work and teacher meetings.
- Families will remain in contact with the school and classroom teachers through the school information system, Class Dojo, the Remind App, or the means by which they have been in contact.
- The California Department of Education released guidelines for grading. This is an equity issue and we will be working with our teachers and school board to develop the proper policy for Buttonwillow School District.
- We will not have our graduation, as it normally looks. The school board, administration, and teachers, will work together to create a positive and memorable experience for our 8th graders since they will be leaving us at the end of the year.
- The school office will remain open 8-1 each day including Spring Break.
- You can follow along for PE with our PE teacher, Mr. Lafever on Instagram @lafeverpe
- You can still get your daily school videos on Facebook, twitter, and @bwrunners on Instagram
If there are any questions please contact the school office, or by emailing the superintendent at email@example.com or the assistant superintendent at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are One Town One School One Community,
J. Stuart Packard, Superintendent